Protecting your personal data is important to us. This notice explains how we collect, use and store your personal information.
If you have any questions about how we may use your personal information you can contact us at:
Clear Finance Solutions Limited, Red Hill House, 41 Hope Street, Chester, CH4 8BU
If you are not happy with how we process your personal information you should contact us in the first instance. If you’re not happy with how we have dealt with your complaint you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can find their details on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
- What Personal Information Will We Collect?
We will only collect information that we need, or where we’re required to collect the information to enable us to perform our legal, regulatory or contractual obligations. or if we have your permission.
This will likely include the collection of:
- your personal details (e.g. name, date of birth)
- address history
- contact details
- special personal information* (e.g. health information)
- financial information
- employment information
Special personal information*
Data protection law defines some personal information as “special categories of data”. This includes information about physical or mental health, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade union membership or biometric data. Some of this information may be necessary to collect when seeking to understand the reason for your financial circumstances, or if it may help us to provide a better service to you. For example, a period of ill health could be the reason for your financial difficulties.
Information about other people
If you provide personal information about someone else on a joint application is made, you must do so with the permission of the other person. Your personal information may be shared with the other person on the application.
The table below specifically explains how and why your personal data will be used so that our services can be provided to you. When providing you with advice we collect and use your personal information under the lawful basis of our legitimate interest for us to provide you with advice on how to deal with your debt situation.
- How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your information in several ways.
- When you make enquiryto us either by phone, email, by a third party or by any other means
- When we may need to obtain up to date information about you to meetlegalor regulatory obligations
- Where you have given permissionfor your information to be provided to us
- How we use your personal information?
We can only use your personal information where it falls into one or more of the following categories:
- it is necessary to enter into or fulfil a contract we have with you;
- you have provided your consent;
- we have a legal or regulatory obligation to do so;
- it is necessary to carry out a task which is in the public interest;
- it is necessary to protect your vital interests; or
- it is in our legitimate interest to do so and it is not against your rights.
Where you make an enquiry, we’ll use your information to provide you with appropriate information about any solutions we may be available to offer to you. If you cannot provide this information, we may not be able to deal with your enquiry. We will also use this information to contact you about and process your enquiry, for example, sending you an email, SMS or WhatsApp message.
The table below specifically explains how and why your personal data will be used so that the services can be provided to you. When providing you with debt advice we collect and use your personal information under the lawful basis of our legitimate interest and is necessary to enable us to provide you with the best advice possible.